On 18 April im going off to Indonesia. Menteng to be exact for Tapak Suci's Intructor course. So the peepz from Singapore would be Abg Syah, Cik Johan, Myself, Abg Zahid, Dian and Cik Yusoff. We had a meeting yesterday for a briefing about the trip.
The briefing was scary, as My parents and Abg Syah prepared us for the Culture Shock. The Course is going to be held at an old Indonesian Military Camp. So for you guys who had the luxury to experience a singaporean army camp, picture that. Only worst.
Now i had Amoy Quey Camp in mind. The toilet didnt have doors. Furniture and Fittings was minimal. And pretty much alot of places are abandoned. Could it be any worst than that?
Then Abg Syah shared how TS course was usually liked. They would stretched the hours. So prepare for minimal or no sleep. And most probably, we would not understand half of what they would be talking about if their Jawa lingo kicks in. To make things worst, they are fond of picking on us just because we are singaporeans. And here im thinking how would i say something intelligent if i didnt understand what the lecturer has been saying for the past 2hours? Hopefully all of them would just nod in agreement because they didnt understand me as well. Hahahaha
Also there is the question of security. There have been cases of missing laundrys. OMG! Imagine u hang ur favourite TOP MEN shirt to dry and some random guy fancy it and took the trouble to climb the balconys just to snatch it. What would you do? Hopefully the guy is dumb enough to wear it the next day.
Then, there is a custom over there to ask for souvenirs. They won't hesitate or be shy about it. And when one of them gets it. Everyone will come after you. I don't even bring enough stuff for myself! I don't really mind giving away stuff. Only i appreciate to do it discreetly. Well, this is going to be new for me.
So, here I am. Hours before departure. Blogging what might be my last entry if i don't survive my trip. Its a great feeling when people and friends most closest to you bid you farewell and pray for my safe journey. And some, touched me even more when they wanted to send me off at the airport. Geee...
I did went Jakarta once, by myself. That was in 2005. I stayed there for a month. Had a hell of a time. However, i got pretty lonely. Departure was only my family. And arrival was only my mom and abg rad. I also remember it was my first hari raya (haji) without my family. On the night of hari raya, i rmb i ate satay with my master Cik Suryo and i hold up my tears just thinking of my family. It is all about training i guess. Physical and mental. Mentally im more independent that i can stand on my own two feet and achieve things on my own. However i also learn how impt my family was to me.
So this time, i will get to see how Menteng will be. What will i learn? What would be the lifechanging experience? Who would i miss the most? I hope i don't fall sick. So yeah. I'll update this blog when i return in 6days time. I promise u lots of pictures! Take care. Wish me luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment